Saturday, July 30, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting



This past week I have been babysitting for a family that had a bike accident on one of our races. They have four children from age 16 down to age 9. I stayed at their house most nights to make sure they were not getting into trouble. Can I tell you how hard it was?


After dealing with: boyfriends coming over, constant X Box playing, kids that hate showering, random pancake making while I was out of the house, high school drama, playing with stuffed animals, hybrid cats sneaking up on me in the middle of the night, driving around the neighborhood looking for kids that took off, shopping at the mall and being constantly asked to buy things, kids having to go to the bathroom during a movie, making sure the kids are fed, and many other adventures, I feel like I was given a Parenting 101 class.


It's been an eye opening experience into the world of parenting. Good times.


P.S. I lost weight this week though and got to my lowest weight in a while. Hmm...maybe that parenting thing won't be all that bad.

No comments: