Friday, August 14, 2009

St. Thomas and St. John


So I am going to blog about each island we visited on the honeymoon. One reason is for future reference when I look back on our vacation and forgot things and two, Mike wasn't able to put captions on his pictures.

The first stop on our cruise was St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. I had been there before, but I was really excited to show Mike St. John (a sister island). St. John has a beach that has been rated as one of the world's top ten beaches and I was dying to go back. Trunk Bay is my favorite place I have ever been!

We took a taxi to a ferry and then another taxi to the beach. The fun part is that you drive on the other side of the road (due to the fact that the island used to be run by Britain). We went snorkeling at Trunk Bay and had a blast! We saw turtles, stingrays, lots of fish, and coral (which I accidentally ran into and cut my leg!).




We came back to St. Thomas and Mike was so excited to see iguanas in the wild!


At Trunk Bay with Mike

The view from the taxi

Inside the taxi

Welcome to St. John!



Our sign picture right off the ship.





The view of St. Thomas

Mike on the ferry!

Our first iguana sighting.

No comments: