Monday, September 29, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes.

I got these nomination forms in my mailbox today. It made me think about how I teach!

"Before I was in Ms. Bray's class, I thought science was not about having fun. She made me realize that you could have fun and still pass." (This kid obviously thinks that if the class sucks..you MUST fail!)

"I would like to nominate Ms. Bray because she is very fun and also when she tells us we are disrupting the class, she is not mean and she tells us how it is." (I'm wondering exactly what she means by this comment.)

"Ms. Bray is the funniest teacher ever. In one lab that we did she made a funny comment like of the students said this and one of my students said that. She is just cool." (So this student likes me because I make fun of my dumb students..haha!)

"She really makes science fun and easy but she always makes you write your name on yout paper all the time. Sometimes it will be annoying but she does that to make sure you get a good grade."

"When I was coming to Molasky and I saw I had science I hated it but Ms. Bray made me love it."

"She is a hilarious teacher who lets us start on our homework in class if we have extra time. She is nice and can be strict to those who don't respect her and she appreciates everyone who works hard and does what they are supposed to do!" (That's right..this one is for Mike who says that I am corny...they think I'm funny ok???)

"The reason I have fun in her class is because its so random in that class. I mean we always say random things like when we did the 'Save Fred' lab people said that Fred was some sort of alien or something. I mean it was crazy, but it was crazy funny! I love that her class is so random."

"Although I'm not looking forward to dissecting, I know she'll find a way to make everyone enjoy it!"

"She gives us a lot of warnings before we really get in trouble." (I think I need to work on my discipline before I have kids!)

1 comment:

B and K said...

I love hearing what your students say..my favorite is "Ms. Bray is the funniest teacher ever. In one lab that we did she made a funny comment like of the students said this and one of my students said that. She is just cool."

Did that even make sense?!?