Saturday, April 19, 2008

Family.




I just threw this together in one second. This week I have been around my family a lot, especially my brother and sister. It has been so fun. We went to a show on Wednesday night and then to dinner and had a blast (It was Dave's birthday!). Then today my nephew and my dad were baptised and I got to spend more time with them.

We were thinking back about how far we have come. Eighteen years ago our family was in a totally different situation. I was just baptised Mormon along with my sister and mom. A year later my brother and his best friend were baptised. Seventeen years later, we all live in Vegas and we get to watch my nephews and my dad get baptised. It's just funny...there's so many stories behind our family. It reminds me of this quote:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”. That's my family.

No comments: