Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The Rules for playing TAG:
*Link to the person who tagged you
*Post the rules on your blog
*Write six random things about yourself
*Tag six-ish people at the end of your post
*Let each person know he/she has been tagged
*Let the tagger know when your entry is up
1) I danced in Indian Pow Wows when I was little. My mom thought it would be cool to "culture" us with our heritage and we basically hung out with some Indian tribe in South Florida. I got ribbons for placing in "fancy dancing".
2) Body pump is my favorite class ever. Three years ago I went to it and fell in love. It's a weight lifting class thats set to music and pretty much keeps me motivated to work out.
3) I think I have a form of OCD. I make my kids in my classroom put all the books on the corners neatly before they can leave and if one book is out of place, I have to go fix it before the next class comes in.
4) I worked at Walt Disney World when I was 23 years old. I worked in the Magic Kingdom in Food and Beverage and loved it because I got free entrance to all of the parks. I love Florida too so it was nice to get away for the summer and play!
5) I have a tradition of leaving new things at Mikes (soon to be MY) house. Every time I visit him I have to change at least one thing. It's become a game for Mike I think..haha. Poor boy. I do it to see how long until he notices.
6) I have a collection of stuffed animal Disney dolls and Disney movies. I am such a cheese ball but those things meant so much to me as a kid that I couldn't get rid of them!
Ok..I tag Brittany, Kellie, Christa, Jen, and Liesl!
Thanks Britt and others for the dinner! Good times!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
I found a few pictures from that weekend so I had to post it in honor of Brittany and the Halloween weekend of FUN!
It all started with a drive up to Provo, where we decided to stop in Beaver, Utah. Bad mistake. We didn't know that when you pull in the gas stations there that workers immediately walk up to you and try to wash your windows. Was I supposed to tip them? If so, how much? Let's just say in all the awkwardness the guy got 5 bucks. Way too much for his own good. Meanwhile, Brittany leans over and got honked at for her bootilicious self. Haha. This picture was taken to remind us not to stop in Beaver on the way up to Provo ever again:
The night we got there consisted of party hopping. We ended up at some mansion in Salt Lake City which had a movie theatre and humongous back yard. Loved it. This was taken in the kitchen where I downed pizza and root beer:
We decided we weren't done yet. So, we drove around Provo looking for some fun and were up to no good. Until...we came across we thought was a youth dance, but later found out it was a YSA dance where every single person had a costume on except us. We were dancing on the floor and realized everyone was moving away from us out of embarrassment. This was taken at their random Monsters Inc. board they had:
We then decided to leave the awkwardness and go to another party we spotted across from my old apartments at the Belmont (when I lived up there for the summer). The rooms were packed wall to wall. Brittany was grabbing butts, people were dancing on tables, people were breaking tables they were dancing on..it was a good time.
And then when driving home, I hopped out of the car to get a picture with the random person walking down the street as Strongbad:
And pretty much the rest of the night was spent at Christa's apartment getting harrassed by people across the way that left a pumpkin with a huge knife stuck in it on the doorstep and then decided to chase us with a real chainsaw. At that point, I peed my pants.
Good times. Good times. This was for you Britt.
Friday, October 24, 2008
SO anyway, here are my ideas. I am on a tight budget, so I am trying to go more towards the homemade, but here are the options.
I was an angel when I was six and seven and wanted to know if I could pull it off at twenty eight. Haha.
Pretty much this was the only cheap costume that was modest. I wonder why.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wish Gift #1.
Liesl and I worked out a month ago and she had this watch that kept track of calories burned and your heart rate. You could even set it up with the machine you were on. So cool..and so many times I could use it!
Wish Gift #5.
Mike's garage needs a little makeover. (Partly my garage now..haha!). Anyway, I am dying to get some shelves for the garage to organize all of his gear and my soon-to-be gear (especially all my camping junk!)
Wish Gift #6.
Wish Gift #7.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Two names you go by: Libby (what my family calls me) and Hen (what Mike calls me).
Two things you are wearing right now: Mike's Burton shirt and Old Navy pajama pants.
Two things you ate today: Nothing. I am still full from eating sushi last night.
Two things you did last night: Picked up Mike from the airport and ate sushi at Sushimon.
Two Things you want very badly at this moment: a temple clearance and a new job.
Last two people you just spoke to: Wayne and Jen.
Two things you're doing tomorrow: Going to my dads and going to my ward.
Two longest car rides: Driving from Las Vegas to Orlando to work at Disney and Driving from Orlando to Las Vegas to return from Disney...haha!
Two favorite beverages: Crystal Lite Fruit Punch and Chocolate Milk.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Unique walked right past me and said hi, looked at my name tag, and then screamed. She said she would of never guessed it was me.
The crazy kids..Nahuel, Holly, Zach, and Norberto. We were all on student council together. Nahuel was a little camera happy.
Holly and I were best friends in high school. It was great to catch up with her.
Ryan wanted in on a picture with us. Holly had her cute little girl with her.
Obren was our school mascot. He is now an actor/director in LA. He was just on the show Terminator on Fox.
Staci and I took a literacy class at UNLV together. We had governemt class together in high school. She remembered everything about high school!
Kathryn, Holly, and I all grew up in the same ward together. I moved here in 8th grade and they were the first people I met. We have so many stories to tell!
Monday, October 6, 2008
On Saturday night, the boys went to priesthood session and the girls decided to take advantage of that and go to La Posta, which is in downtown Las Cruces. It's a pretty good mexican restaurant in the middle of Old Mesilla (which is a little old town where Billy the Kid hung out).
There is this scary parrot outside the restaurant that scared the living daylights out of Christa and me!
There was also a Jazz festival going on in the square, so we stopped and checked it out!
And of course, we had to get some custard too...(The Barrow girls..Me, Christa, Robin, and Candi).
The pretty trees outside Mike's parents house. There are farms everywhere and any kind of plant you can think of. Pecan trees, corn, chilis, cotton, etc..
These are the Organs, which is one of the mountain ranges in Las Cruces. They look like a pipe organ. I think thats how they got their name! Hehe.
And last but not least, the highlight of my trip was this little shaved ice stand right across the street from the neighborhood. We passed by it a few times and I was eyeing it. I coaxed Mike into taking me..and Mike didn't object.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
1. What is his name? Michael
2. Who eats more? He does...and I'm glad. :)
3. Who said, "I love you" first? I was swindled. Haha. We kept hinting at it but he did say it first.
4. Who is taller? Definitely Mike. I go up to his shoulder...barely.
5. Who is smarter? I am. I'm totally kidding. Let's just say he has the street smarts and I don't at all. I have the teacher smarts.
6. Who is more sensitive? Mike wouldn't admit he was sensitive and he is...a little. But up against me, I take the cake on this one.
7. Who does the laundry? I will. Haha. I know it.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I tend to sleep on the left side of my bed but thats going to change when we're married I think cause I think Mike likes the left side.
9. Who pays the bills? Both of us will, BUT I love to have a budget so I will be organizing the bills.
10. Who cooks more? I need to work on that.
11. Who is more stubborn? No comment. Haha.
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Both of us are pretty good.
13. Who has more siblings? He totally beats me with nine. I only have two.
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We're equal.
15. What do you like to do together? Anything outdoors...boating, hiking, and of course biking. We like to sit on the bean bag and watch movies too. And guitar hero of course.
17. Guilty Pleasures? Mike: Prime Rib Me: Blue Bell Ice Cream
18. How did you meet? He messaged me after talking to our mutual friend Kimball about me. I kind of ignored him a little and then he added me on facebook. One night I decided to call him up (which is SO not me) and we talked til 4 in the morning about everything. Two weeks later we met up and we've been together ever since!
19. Who asked whom out first? I would say Mike, even though my first date was flying to Las Cruces. Thats a pretty big first date. And he paid for it too. What a guy! :)
20. Who kissed who first? Now I was definitely swindled on that. He gave me a peck and then told me it didn't count as kissing so I planted one on him and he claims I was the first to kiss him. It was him.
21. Who proposed? He did. See my blog! Haha.
22. His best features and qualities? I love his build. I love that he's active and always doing things. And I love his eyes. He has these long eyelashes that I would love to have! Also, I always wanted to marry someone who I felt like could protect me. It's kind of funny considering he is Border Patrol and thats his job to protect. I absolutely love his sense of humor too. He makes me laugh ALL the time. I love how he knows how to be a man, yet is sensitive enough to know when he's gone too far on giving me a hard time too. He's definitely a catch.