Thursday, July 21, 2011

Run Forrest Run!



So I have a dog that is addicted to running, so now its gotten me to go for a short run every morning, just to get him off my back! I really enjoy it, once I get out there, and I'm excited that I started this routine with him. He comes back all tired and leaves me alone, and I feel awake and rejuvenated.

So seeing that I have the running bug again, I am thinking about running a couple races coming up. Next stop: Labor Day weekend. I think I am going to go up to Roswell and do the half marathon. A lady in our ward told me about it and she is going to do it. I thought it would be fun to run with her since she and I both did the Las Cruces Half Marathon last December. That brings me to the second big race. The Schramms (who are big runners) are coming down the first weekend in December to run the half with me again. This one is so easy because there are no hills and its extremely flat and it ends in a stadium with people standing around cheering for you. (Not to mention, it was just a walk back to my house, since its right next to my neighborhood!) Last year I did it in 2 hours and 6 minutes. This year's goal is to get under two hours!

We will see!

No comments: